Nutrition Month is observed every July in the Philippines. It encourages Filipinos across the country to consume healthier foods and have a well-balanced diet while raising awareness of the importance of nutrition.
How to Celebrate Nutrition Month
- Check your diet
- Unsure if you are eating healthily? Have a nutritionist check your diet. They can inform you about the nutrients that may be lacking in your diet and advise you to cut out foods that are bad for you.
- Donate to food programs
- This is a great way to ensure nutritious and regular meals reach even the less fortunate.
Why is Nutrition Month Important?
- It encourages us to eat better
- Good food and a balanced diet are essential for a healthy lifestyle, and Nutrition Month ensures just that.
- It champions nutrition
- The right to nutrition is a universal human right that every person in the country should have something to eat. This event champions nutrition and access for every person despite the class and economic divide.
- It encourages healthy practices
- This month-long event encourages healthy practices such as maintaining a kitchen garden, shopping locally, and eating seasonal produce.
Learn how Maxicare can help you live your best life through comprehensive coverage for outpatient treatment, including consultations, lab tests, diagnostic procedures, and more. Contact us today for more information and find a plan that meets your healthcare needs.