WHO WE ARE
Pioneers in Philippine healthcare
Helping Filipinos live their best lives for over three decades
Maxicare Healthcare Corporation, one of the pioneers in the health maintenance organization (HMO) industry, was established in 1987 by an esteemed group of doctors and businessmen with the vision to deliver a better healthcare system. More than three decades later, Maxicare has progressed into becoming the consistent No. 1 HMO* in the country, continuously providing comprehensive healthcare programs via its wide network of medical providers and strengthened customer support.
A proud member of the Equicom Group, a diversified conglomerate engaged in the areas of information technology, computer services, banking, financial and leasing services, and healthcare, Maxicare stands proud of its valuable achievements. 24,000 affiliated doctors and specialists, 1,400 hospitals and clinics, 1,000 dental clinics, 180 rehabilitation, dialysis, and eye centers. Maxicare now services over 1.6 million members across the country from corporate segment, small and medium-sized enterprises to families and individuals.
Driven by its vision to serve and provide value to its customers, Maxicare shall remain passionate and dedicated to its mission of helping people achieve peace of mind and live their best lives through the finest healthcare service..
Maxicare Healthcare Corporation is registered with the Insurance Commission with license/registration number HMO-2020-03-R.
*Based on BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations
To be the leading Health Maintenance Organization preferred by Customers because of superior services
To help people achieve peace of mind through quality healthcare
- Provide superior and quality healthcare maintenance services
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Comply with customer and applicable legal requirements
- Continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System
Faithfully dedicated since 1987
Providing Filipinos with the superior healthcare service for over three decades
1987Maxicare was established
- Maxicare was established by a group of doctors and businessmen, headed by Dr. Roberto Macasaet, with a vision for better healthcare for the country.
1997A joint venture with PCIB Cigna
- PCIB Cigna, a Life Insurance Corporation, entered into a joint venture with Maxicare to expand operations in the Philippines; therefore, changing the company to Maxicare PCIB CIGNA Healthcare Corporation
2002A New Name, Maxicare EPCIB Healthcare
- A merger with Equitable Bank changed the company name to Maxicare EPCIB Healthcare
- Launched the “Flexiclaims” system
2003Maxicare Healthcare Corporation
- The name “Maxicare Healthcare Corporation” was instituted
2004First Primary Care was opened
- First reached ₱1 Billion sales.
- First Primary Care Clinic was opened at The Medical City in Ortigas, Pasig City.
2005Maxicare Multifunction Card was introduced
- Launched Intelligent cards now called the Maxicare Multifunction Card.
- Partnered with Medilink, an IT Solutions company to the healthcare industry, to use Point-Of-Sale (POS) Terminals in hospitals and clinics for quick validation of membership status.
- Opened Cebu regional office.
- Established St. Luke’s Primary Care Clinic.
2007Maxicare into Pin
- Launched Premium and Platinum Membership cards.
- Acquired by Pin – A Holdings of the Antonio Group of Companies.
- Opened Cebu regional office.
2008Primary Care Clinic in Makati was opened
- Opened Filomena Primary Care Clinic
2009Ranked 411th in BusinessWorld's Top 1000 Corporations
- Opened Primary Care Clinic in MyHealth Clinic – Festival Supermall in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
- Ranked 411th and Number 1 in the Pre-Need Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations
2010Primary Care Clinic was opened at St. Lukes Medical Center, Taguig
- Primary Care Clinic at St. Luke’s Medical Center – Global City in Taguig was opened.
- Unveiled its two newest products: MyMaxicare for Individuals and Families and MaxicarePlus for SMEs.
- Ranked 394th and Number 1 in the Pre-Need Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations
2011One of the Golden Years of Maxicare
- Transferred to Visayas Regional Office in Cebu City and moved to Mindanao Regional Office in Davao City.
- Opened 3 new Primary Care Clinics at MyHealth clinics and Chinese General Hospital in Manila.
- Moved corporate office to Maxicare tower along Salcedo Street in Legaspi Village, Makati City.
- Introduced Maxicare Plus Provincial program for a new regionally, tailor-fitted, medical network access for SMEs in provinces.
- Launched two new first-of-its-kind prepaid healthcards, EReady for emergency cases and MyMaxicareLITE for inpatient medical services.
- Ranked 406th and Number 1 in the Pre-Need Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 corporations.
201225 Years of Maxicare
- Marked the 25th year of Maxicare in the industry.
- Reached over 1,000 affiliated hospitals and clinics nationwide.
- Opened 3 Luzon Regional Branches in Batangas, Pampanga, and Baguio.
- Opened first Helpdesk at Mary Mediatrix Medical Center in Lipa City, Batangas.
- Opened Primary Care Clinic at Asian Hospital and Medical Center and The Medical City PCC was renovated and re-opened at the same time.
- Ranked 348th and Number 1 in Pre-Need Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations.
2013Introducing web-based support
- Introduced web-based support systems for its clients: the Member Gateway for members which includes securing Letter of Authorization (LOA) online and CorpLink (now known as HR Gateway) for corporate HR members
- Launched automated systems for the benefit of affiliated intermediary partners and medical providers
- Opened Bigger Primary Care Clinic at Makati Medical Center
- Inagurated Business Hub, an office for all Maxicare accredited agents, at Maxicare Tower Ground Floor
- Opened four new Helpdesks at Capitol Medical Center, Calamba Medical Center, Manila Doctors Hospital and Clinica Manila
- Established new Satellite Offices in Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, and Iloilo.
- Ranked 297th and Number 1 in Pre-Needs Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations
- Maxicare was certified for ISO 9001:2008 for the “Provision of Customer Care Services for the Health Maintenance Clients of Maxicare Healthcare Corporation”
2014850,000 Membership Base! Another Milestone for Maxicare
- Maxicare reached more than 850,000 members
- Opened new Helpdesk Victor R. Potenciano Medical Center along Shaw Boulevard
- Ranked 294th and Number 1 in Pre-Need Plan for Health Industry according to BusinessWorld’s Top 1000 Corporations
2015One Million Members!
- Reached the One Millionth Membership Base
- Obtained company wide ISO 9001:2008 certification for the provision of Healthcare Services
2016Now in Davao and Cebu!
- Maxicare upgraded to ISO 9001:2015 and expanded its scope to include Davao and Cebu sites
2017Maxicare Celebrates 30 Years of service
- Launched a PCC in Bonifacio Global City (BGC) at W City Center. It was equipped with state-of-the-art sustainable technology.
2018Launched the Maxicare online store
- Launched Maxicare PRIMA Gold and Maxicare PRIMA Silver prepaid health cards
2019Further expansion for Maxicare
- Established 3 new stand-alone clinics and 2 Health Hubs
- Maintained ISO 9001:2015 certification
2020Launched Maxicare’s mobile testing van, “Lab on Wheels”
- Launched the Maxicare EReady Advance prepaid card
2021Launched Maxicare Videoconsult powered by Doctor Anywhere app
- Opened the first Maxicare wellness and Rehab Center in Pasay CIty
- Reached a membership base of 1.6 million!
- Launched the HomeCare program for home laboratory and COVID-19 homecare
- Obtained the Digital and Transformation Division ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certifcation for Provision and Management of Technology, Information Security, and Data Privacy Services.
2022Key Partnerships were forged
- JE Holdings and Equicom Group handshake that will help deliver industry-defining services benefiting the Filipino consumer
- Insurance-Commission approval and launch of MaxiLIFE, the first domestic insurer that aims to democratize access for life insurance products
- Opening of new PCCs in VV Soliven Building along EDSA Greenhills and Cebu Skyrise at the Cebu IT Park Subdivision
- Asistensi launches in the Philippines and partners with Maxicare that allows families of Filipino migrant workers gain access to Maxicare’s network of Primary Care Clinics (PCC) and accredited hospitals in cases of emergency
Learn how Maxicare employees are living their best lives
Join the Maxicare family
Be part of the team that’s shaping that Philippine healthcare industry
Looking for a perfect work-life balance, competitive salary, and comprehensive healthcare package all in one? Maxicare is the place for you