Maxicare Member Advisory on COVID-19.
03/ 13/ 2020
COVID-19 poses a serious health challenge for all of us but there is no reason to panic. As a Maxicare member, please refer to the following steps to determine the proper resource to address your health concerns.
- If you have one or more of these symptoms,
- Fever of at least 38C
- Cough and/or colds
- Shortness of breath
Your safest and most convenient option is to consult a doctor by calling our 24/7 Teleconsult service at (02) 85821980. If you feel particularly unwell and require a face to face consultation, you may also visit any of our Primary Care Centers (PCC) and accredited clinics.
- If you HAVE the above symptoms PLUS a history of travel to an area or country reporting local transmission of COVID-19 and/or close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 infection,
Please proceed DIRECTLY to the nearest HOSPITAL for appropriate handling and treatment.
- If you DO NOT HAVE any of these symptoms but fall under any of the two scenarios below
- Has a history of travel to an area or country reporting local transmission of COVID-19; or
- Has had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
DOH guidelines REQUIRE you to SELF-QUARANTINE for 14 days and notify your local health official. Your local health official will regularly check on your condition and help manage your case. The local health official will issue a Certificate of Completion at the end of the 14-day quarantine.
The care you need related to COVID-19, including the confirmatory test, shall be covered, subject to the benefits and eligibility of your selected Maxicare healthcare program.
There may be instances when hospitals may be unable to accommodate additional patients due to resource constraints. Should this happen, please call our Maxicare Call Center at (02) 85821900 and (02) 77987777 so we can refer you to an alternate healthcare provider.
For more information, please go to http://bit.ly/3cUBDOZ for the DOH-PSMID Diagram as of March 10, 2020. You may visit our website at maxicare.com.ph for information on availment procedures and to search for accredited hospitals, clinics, and doctors. Regular updates will also be posted on our official Facebook page.